Monday, March 11, 2013

An interesting cultural phenomenon

Something I have noticed, that I think is worth calling attention to. There is a stark difference in the typography in the title of the Pokemon games between America and Japan. The American one, and I am sure we all recognise, is this-

And this is the same title for Red version, the anime, the card game, all the way to the current titles, X and Y

However, the Japanese titles are significantly more varied. Here is the title for Red version

As for the anime:

And the latest game-

And we can see the difference. The lettering is varied in color, size, and adornment, whereas we can see the whopping progress made by Nintendo of America:


I just find this intresting. I will post about the effects in a bit. But for now, I will leave you to your theories.

1 comment:

  1. I think we get more attached to that kinda thing, we love logos and that's the Pokémon logo

    ReplyDelete