Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Font Review- Algerian

   Algerian is a rarely used font, and because of that, I am reviewing it. I will give a basic descriptions (with pictures, don't you worry) and possible legitimate usages.
  Algerian is a Serif font that takes its design from medieval influences. it is somewhat reviled because of how often it was used for a time. The biggest concern is how it takes up so much space.
   Generic Phrase in this font

I find this phrase a bit odd, and to be honest, will probably not use it that often. The all-capitals  is irksome, and I sound like i am shouting all the time. I can however, see where it would be useful.  If you take it back to its roots in medieval text, then it can be used to a degree of efficacy. Beyond that, if you want to be annoying and slightly difficult to read, then this font is for you.
Ideal setting-


No comments:

Post a Comment