Thursday, March 7, 2013

Covering what I missed

So, I had a little incident with a incredibly nasty stomach bug, that I got over... AND THEN IT CAME BACK. Suffice to say, I missed a "lecture" day and a work day in typography. I did get some notes on what I missed, but here is the gist of what I missed. i plan to write it out and expound if possible. Here goes:
       Part 1- Type Anatomy.
     
       So the main idea covered was on type anatomy, and I will be researching what each term means, and the applications. They are all derived from this diagram

In alphabetical order-

Ascent- how much the letter goes above the cap height
Ascender height- the measurement of the ascent, ie how much it "ascends"
Base line- The line on which every letter rests
Cap height- The next highest contact line
Descent- Going below the baseline
Descender Height- How far below the baseline the letter goes
Mean line- The highest the standard part of a letter goes
Median- the middle of all letter heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment